I can't remember a time I didn't have a camera in my life - in my hand, over my shoulder, around my neck, in my pocket or mounted on a tripod. As the years have extended on, both life and image making have together become a wonderful journey… an exploration…even an experiment, and oh, how they have changed.
Having shot film for almost four decades, I now find the digital age of photography a pure joy, albeit, it came with a steep learning curve. However, for me, today's digital darkroom offers greatly expanded opportunities and advantages for making and presenting my photographic images. The finished print, websites, eBooks, digital slide shows, social media and printed books are the viewing arena for my audience.
Still my favourite and the most challenging is the print. The twelve colour wide format printers, archival pigment inks and specialty papers along with a multitude of very sophisticated and powerful software are today's version of the enlarger, chemicals, the darkroom and the various developing techniques. Arguably, image quality and permanence equals or exceeds that of many film processes of the past.
The medium of photography is a gift that has allowed me to pursue and express my own original ideas through the images I create. My creative challenge is to continually produce better and more unique images that satisfy my artistic worth and hopefully create a lasting connection with my audience.
• Photographing for well over 50 years - 37 with film, 17 digital
• Numerous technical and visionary courses and workshops
• Awarded numerous gold, silver and bronze medals and mentions
• Two person show, View Gallery, Richmond, BC 2012
• Vernissage Short Stories, Beaumont Gallery, Vancouver, BC 2013
• Black & White Magazine - 2016 Issue 113 - 2 Single Image Contest Winners
• Lenswork Magazine - Seeing In Sixes 2016 - Sundial Songs 6 image set selected for publication
• BPS Showcase - Burnaby, BC, Canada - 2/2017 - Gold Medal - Print - Bo Peep's Sheep
• Lenswork Magazine - May/June 2017 Issue #130 - Spotlight - Sundial Songs 6 image set
• Sundial Songs Audio Commentary by Lenswork Publisher Brooks Jensen
• Lenswork Magazine Cover - May/June 2017 Issue #130
• A Journey of Seeing and Expression, Montreaux Gallery, Chilliwack, BC February 2023, 50 image exhibition